Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Shrimp Mould (mold) Party Dip / Spread

Shrimp Party Dip/Spread

I'm revisiting this recipe because I have some new photos to share! I made this for Christmas as usual, but this time I didn't chop the ingredients as finely as I normally do. I think I prefer it a bit chunkier! Although, I will admit, I had a little more trouble getting it out of the container. I would definitely recommend using plastic wrap to line your container if you're making this chunkier version. All the ingredients were the same as the original recipe.



Shrimp Mould Party Spread/Dip
Makes about 12 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 can of cooked shrimp, drained (or about 1 cup) and chopped finely
  • 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup green pepper finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup green onions (scallions) finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 1 packet unflavoured gelatin
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • 1/2 can condensed tomato soup (about 1/2 cup)
Directions
  1. In a small pot, heat up the soup and add the cream cheese. Beat with a whisk until it's smooth.
  2. In the meantime, dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup boiling water. Add to the soup mixture. Add all other ingredients and stir well.
  3. Line a bowl or mould with plastic wrap and pour the mixture in. Chill overnight or until firm. Serve with crackers.


Looking for more Appetizer recipes? Click Here!

Comments

  1. Happy 2012!

    This dip is a great party food and I like the chunky bits inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, now this sounds like something I would love. Too bad I didn't have the recipe for the holidays as I think this would have been a hit. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts