Friday, January 8, 2010

Shrimp Mould - Party Dip

This is always a huge hit at parties! I make it every year for Christmas too. I got the recipe from a relative but have also seen similar ones online. 

For updated pictures of this recipe click here.

12 servings

Ingredients
1 can of cooked shrimp, drained (or about 1 cup) and chopped finely
1/4 cup celery finely chopped
1/4 cup green pepper finely chopped
1/4 cup green onions (scallions) finely chopped
1/4 cup mayo
1 packet unflavoured gelatin
8oz cream cheese
1/2 can condensed tomato soup (about 1/2 cup)

Directions

In a small pot, heat up the soup and add the cream cheese. Beat with a whisk until it's smooth.

In the meantime, dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup boiling water. Add to the soup mixture. Add all other ingredients and stir well.

Line a bowl with plastic wrap and pour the mixture in. Chill overnight or until firm. Serve with crackers.


Tip: I've also made this in a large yogurt container without plastic wrap and had no problem getting it out. Of course you could use a mould if you have one. I guessed this makes 12 servings but I could really eat the whole thing by myself! It's SO good! If you can find a can of condensed tomato soup without added sugar, and use light cream cheese, this would be a great dip for veggies on The South Beach Diet. I LOVE it!


Linking to
 
Gooseberry Patch - Easy Appetizers

Recipe of the Week - Appetizers

2 comments:

  1. I love seafood dips! I can't be trusted alone though! This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound amazing. I am with Debbi on this one. Seafood dips are the best. YUM!

    ReplyDelete