Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Here in Canada, today is Thanksgiving!

I might be tempted to add a little more pumpkin next time to get a bit more pumpkin flavour. Or maybe use only half a banana. But this was one of the best flavours of smoothie I think I've ever had.  

My 6 year old made that beautiful turkey at school. Thought I'd share.


Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Adapted from Mostly Food and Crafts
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon  honey
  • 4 ice cubes
Directions
  1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. That is all.
Gooseberry Patch Recipe Round Up


Comments

  1. I love the smoothie. It sounds like quite a treat. I love your lentil soup that I made as your secret partner. I enjoyed going through your blog and I also made the German Apple Cake which I plan to post tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for being my secret blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin is a nice seasonal twist to this morning favorite. Happy Thanksgiving to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I'm always looking for new breakfast smoothies and this may be the one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and so easy! A wonderful combination of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds lovely and really nice and easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin Pie Smoothies are a great way to have pumpkin pie flavor but without having an unhealthy dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds delicious and less fattening than pumpkin pie..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts