Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Zucchini Bites - Secret Recipe Club

My cousin gave me some really big zucchinis from her garden and I wanted to do something different with them. This recipe is very simple and everyone loved it! Next time I'm going to add more eggs and make them for breakfast on the go.


Zucchini Bites
Adapted from Little Bit of Everything
Makes 6 - 8 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups grated and squeezed zucchini
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup grated cheese (Cheddar or Swiss would be good)
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • cooking spray
Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 400F and spray 6 or 8 reguar size muffin cups with cooking spray.
  2. Grate your zucchini and squeeze out the excess liquid, then place the squeezed zucchini in a large bowl. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
  3. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups and bake for about 23 minutes or until they turn golden and the middles are set.
  4. Cool slightly before serving.

Comments

  1. They look great! I'm sure both my kids would love them. Great SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these before and they are such a fun twist on tater tots and a great way to prepare zucchini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Nice to meet you! We love these zucchini bites. They're a fun summer side. Oh those 50 recipes, I am not doing a very good job of getting those done. I need to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good - and really easy to make. This is definitely the time of year I use zucchini in so many things, so this is perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love minis and when I looked at all the links for SRC, I immediately spotted these cuties. A great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh - I so want to make these, and I happen to have some zucchini on hand! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to bookmark these! They look great! Thanks for your comment. I was in the car at a stoplight reading your comment, had to put my phone down when the light changed. When I picked it up again, your comment was accidentally rejected! My apologies! That will teach me not to ready mail in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun twist on tater tots! Nice presentation too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts