Sunday, January 1, 2012

Rachael Ray's Green Ranch Dressing

My mom really has a thing for Rachael Ray. She watches the show and jots down the recipes she likes. Her latest favourite recipes is this Green Ranch Dressing. She likes to make this for all the special occasions. We use it as a dip for vegetables but I bet it would be great on tacos! My mom uses scallions instead of chives.



Makes about 1 1/2 cups of dip/dressing

Ingredients
1 avocado
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon Tobasco sauce (or to taste)
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons green onion
salt and pepper

Directions
Put all the ingredients in a blender and let it go until it's smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Adapted from Rachael Ray.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This looks great! We LOVE avocado here - it would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Avocados are my favorite but I always seem to buy one or two extra. I'll have to keep this in mind next time I'm trying to think of something to do with my extras.

    ReplyDelete