Monday, January 23, 2017

Orange Pineapple Juice

Last week I had a bit of a cold, so I went and made my own vitamin C juice. You want to make your own because those store bought juices are pasteurized. There is no benefit to drinking them.

I made 2 batches. The first was just orange and pineapple, and I added lemon and grapefruit to the 2nd batch.

I use a Hurom slow juicer and it's awesome. I love it! It was worth the investment.

The Hurom has a small chute, so I cut my fruit into chunks that would fit. If you have a centrifugal juicer, you will probably have a bigger chute, and there won't be a need to do a lot of prep. You can leave the core in the pineapple as well.

The lemon is optional, but it's a nice touch if you've got a sweet pineapple.



Orange Pineapple Juice
Makes about 2 litres (may vary by juicer)

Ingredients
1 large pineapple, skin removed and cut into chunks
7 large oranges, skin removed
1 lemon and/or grapefruit, skin removed

Directions
Juice all ingredients and pour into glass bottles. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.

2 comments: