Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Apple Kuchen

I really like Apple Kuchen. The bottom is a thin cake and the apples bake right into it. It’s also another great way to use up those apples you’re going to pick this season.

Unfortunately, I can’t remember where I found this recipe for Apple Kuchen (if it’s yours, let me know). I really liked it, but I liked my mom’s better.  


Apple Kuchen
Makes 18 servings

Ingredients
For the Cake
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup 2% milk
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
  • For the Topping
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9x13 baking sheet (I also line with parchment).
  2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
  3. Add the milk, butter, egg and vanilla, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until well blended.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
  5. Arrange apple slices over the batter.
  6. Place all the topping ingredients into a bowl, and use a fork to mix until it’s crumbly. I use my fingers sometimes. Sprinkle the topping over apple, and bake for about 40 minutes or until lightly golden.
  7. I prefer to eat it completely cooled.

Comments

Popular Posts