Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake

This is one of my favourite recipes to use when I want to make a cake quickly. I make this all the time. You can use different berries and nuts depending on what you have at home.

You can use either yogurt or sour cream in this recipe. 


I prefer this cake the day after it's made, when it's completely cool.




Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake

Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Makes 12 slices

Ingredients

For the Cake
  • 1 cup fresh berries (I used blueberries and raspberries)
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
For the Glaze
  • 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a cake pan with cooking spray. I've used 8" round or 8x8 square. Sometimes I line with parchment. You know your pan better than I do so you be the judge.
  2. Combine berries and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside. 
  3. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
  4. Mix together sour cream, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, almond extract and egg, then pour it over the flour mixture. Stir just until moist.
  5. Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread berry mixture evenly over the batter. Spoon remaining batter over the berries and sprinkle the top of the cake with almonds. 
  6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Let it cool completely before drizzling with glaze.
  7. To make the glaze, mix together the confectioners' sugar, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla until there are no lumps. Drizzle over the cooled cake.

Comments

Popular Posts