Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Strawberry and Cardamom Muffins

We have some strawberries that we picked ourselves, so I went looking for a recipe to use them in. Don't be afraid of the cardamom! It's so good in muffins and cookies.

I used oil because I was running out of butter, and I don’t have creamer so I just used milk. I'm sure buttermilk would also be nice. If your strawberries are on the sour side, you can add a bit more sugar.



Above: You can see that these don't get golden.
I'm not really sure why that is, but it doesn't matter, they're yummy anyway!

Strawberry and Cardamom Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose flour, divided
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • zest of 1 orange
  • 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced (plus extra for the top)
  • 3/4 cup 2% milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup avocado (or unflavoured) oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 ¾ cups of the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cardamom. Set aside.
  3. Toss the strawberries in the remaining ¼ cup flour. This is a good trick to prevent berries from sinking to the bottom of your baked treats, and you can do this for any type of berries. It does work. 
  4. Mix the rest of the ingredients together in another bowl, then combine with the dry ingredients just until moistened. Then gently stir in the berries.
  5. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, then top each one with a few slices of strawberry.
  6. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Let them cool before serving.

Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I love your selection of Strawberry and Cardamom Muffins, I can almost smell them coming out of the oven, and sure wish I had one. Have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cardamom is a great spice and I've got a jar full in the pantry that doesn't get used enough. These sound incredible. Great choice for SRC

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I love using fresh strawberries in muffins. Great SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of the strawberries and muffins! This recipe was one of my favorites this year. Glad you enjoyed the recipe and hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. our strawberry season has passed but we can still find deals at the market. great SRC recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strawberry Muffins sound terrific and look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberry and cardamom sounds like a flavor combo I need to try! Not sure why I haven't yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts