Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Asian Coleslaw

I’m sure everyone has some variation of this recipe in their recipe box.

We got this recipe from a friend many years ago. Here’s how we make it.


Asian Coleslaw

Makes 12 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 medium nappa cabbage, shredded
  • 1 bunch scallions, chopped
  • 1 packet ramen noodles (the one with the little flavour packet)
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 6 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 3/4 cup avocado (or unflavoured) oil
  • sliced almonds and sunflower seeds (optional, we didn’t use them)
Directions
  1. Place your shredded cabbage and onions in a large bowl.
  2. Separate the noodles from flavour packet and crush the noodles. We used the oriental flavour, but you could use chicken. Set aside.
  3. Place the sugar and vinegar in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until warm. Stir it up to dissolve the sugar. Add the oil and flavour packet and stir again.
  4. Toss the dressing with the cabbage until coated and store in the fridge until ready to serve (or pack for your picnic).
  5. This salad can be made the day before.
  6. The cabbage is nice because it doesn’t wilt as fast as lettuce would, but be sure to add the noodles, nuts and seeds just before serving otherwise they’ll get soggy.

Comments

  1. We were on the same wavelength...I made a similar salad this month too! It's one of my favorites to take...and eat...at Summer parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Asian American combinations so this would be right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I love this salad! But I have never made it myself. I'll have to try it soon. BTW, the linky is showing up multiple times in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to try this, but the ramen noodles keep throwing me off. I can't picture them in a coleslaw for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried Ramen Noodles in a salad before. I bet the crunch would be really good! So glad you planted this seed in my head!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts