Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Raisin Bread Grilled Cheese - All But Gluten

I was going to participate in the Foodie Blogroll promotion for All But Gluten, but my coupons arrived after the posting date. I also had a harder time finding the product than I thought. I tried 2 stores that carry a nice selection of Gluten free and other speciality products and was surprised when I didn't see All But Gluten. I finally managed to find the bread and raisin bread at Walmart. I used one of the coupons and saved the other, because I want to keep looking at other stores and try the brownies!

I decided I would post anyway because I actually really did enjoy the bread. Even if you aren't gluten intolerant, you will still enjoy this bread. It tasted just as good as any other raisin bread that I've tried. I tasted it right out of the bag and it was yummy. You can toast it and eat it with just a bit of butter, or you can do what I did, and make grilled cheese. Yes, raisin bread does go well with cheddar! Just make sure you use a sharp one.



Before we get to the recipe, here's a little information about this wonderful product.

Gluten-free. And it’s all good.

Finally, a healthy, tasty, smart, gluten-free alternative to all your favourite foods.
Discover All But Gluten™ - a proud offering from Weston Bakeries, North America’s bakery products leader for over 125 years. All But Gluten™ offers a variety of meal options for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert, most enriched with fibre, vitamins and minerals and all the goodness that you deserve.
All But Gluten 3 brand pillars : taste, nutrition and safe
  • taste as good as traditional baked goods
  • most gluten-free All But Gluten products are enriched with vitamins, minerals and are a source of fibre
  • manufactured in a dedicated gluten-free facility and bears the Canadian Celiac Association's Gluten-Free Certification Program Mark of Trust on the packaging
Explore the world of All But Gluten ™ and rekindle your love of baked goods.
For more information click here http://allbutgluten.ca

All But Gluten™ products are also dairy-free and Kosher.

Safety, taste and nutrition are the three pillars of the All But Gluten™ brand. “The breads, focaccias, pizza shells and muffins are a source of fibre, and are enriched with vitamins and minerals.” says Shelley Case, registered dietitian, international celiac disease expert and consulting spokesperson for All But Gluten™. “This is an important feature of All But Gluten™ because many gluten-free products on the market are not enriched and often lower in iron, B vitamins and fibre” states Case.

Unlike most gluten-free baked goods, All But Gluten™ can be found in the fresh bakery section, not the frozen section of major Canadian retailers. Consumers following a gluten-free diet really miss delicious baked products and now they can stroll down the aisles that were previously off limits. The All But Gluten ™ brand invites consumers to ‘Rekindle your love of baked goods.’

The line includes Whole Grain Loaf, Cinnamon Raisin Loaf, Sliced White Loaf, Roasted Onion Focaccia, Rosemary Focaccia, Plain Pizza Shells, Carrot Raisin Morning Muffins, Mini Brownies and Coconut Macaroons.


Raisin Bread Grilled Cheese
Makes 1 Sandwich

Ingredients
  • 2 slices All But Gluten raisin bread
  • sharp cheddar cheese
  • butter (optional)
Directions
  1. As always, I like to heat my nonstick pan over medium low heat. Low and slow is the way to go with grilled cheese. You want to give the cheese a chance to melt before the bread burns. Don't rush it! Okay?
  2. Place the cheese between the two slices of bread. You can butter your bread if you want, inside and/or out. I don't but my mom does. 
  3. Place the sandwich in the warm pan and let it cook for several minutes, until you see the bottom start to turn golden and the cheese starting to melt. I never timed it, you can tell just by looking at it if it's ready to flip. Repeat for the other side.
  4. Remove it from the pan and let it cool for a minute before cutting it in half. 
This sponsorship is brought to you by The Gluten Free Agency who we have partnered with for this promotion.

Comments

Popular Posts