Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Spaghetti Squash with Sauce

I've been meaning to try spaghetti squash for awhile now. I also wanted to see if my kids would like it. One of them ate a bit but she didn't seem very impressed. The other one wouldn't even look at it. My kids are pretty adventurous when it comes to food, so I was surprised. They knew by the appearance that it wasn't spaghetti. 


Spaghetti Squash with Sauce
Adapted from Robin Restored
Makes 2 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 spaghetti squash (mine was about 2lbs)
  • 1 cup tomato sauce (I used Primo tomato & basil)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. Heat the squash in the microwave for 1 minute. I'm not sure why, but that's what the sticker said to do, so I did it. Now, cut the squash in half length-wise and scoop out the guts. It looks and smells like a pumpkin.
  2. Place the squash in a microwave safe dish with about 1/2 cup of water, and cover it. Microwave on high for about 12 minutes or until you can pull strings of squash away from the sides. Once cooked, scrape the squash completely into strings and place it in a bowl.
  3. While the squash is cooking, heat the tomato sauce with all the spices until it starts to bubble. When the squash is done, mix it with the sauce and top with a bit of Parmesan cheese.
  4. When the squash is cooked, you'll find that it really doesn't make a lot. I could probably have eaten the whole thing myself. Next time, maybe I will!

Comments

  1. Looks like a great way to prepare the squash with lots of flavor. Nice pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to make spaghetti squash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter wasn't at all fooled by spaghetti squash either, but this makes me want to try again! And so weird that the WW points were that different?? But this was a great SRC choice - very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds tasty and I love spaghetti squash...but I'm the only lover, the others tolerate it once in a while.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group 'A' SRC entry Loaded Potato Soup.

    Lisa~~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts