Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Carrot and Mango Salad

Of all the places in the world, I found this carrot and mango salad at a Chinese buffet. I came home and I tried to make it myself. This is what I came up with. It's another easy salad, and it's SO delicious! 

I think the buffet used the most common green/red mangoes, but I much prefer the yellow ones. We call them Ataulfo here, but I think they go by other names as well.

Sometimes mangoes can be sour so try to make this salad when they're in season. Check out this site to see how many varieties there are in Hawaii. Amazing!

Normally I take a regular carrot and use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons, but I only had baby carrots this time, so I just sliced them thinly. 

If you like this salad, you'll probably also like my Carrot and Zucchini Ribbon Salad


Carrot and Mango Salad
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients
  • 1 large carrot, thinly sliced into ribbons
  • 1 ripe (but not mushy) mango, cut into matchsticks
  • juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • salt
  • pepper
Directions
  1. Mix everything in a bowl and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Easy right? 

Comments

  1. The lemon juice adds extra taste to the salad.And its twisting my tongue to taste it very urgently.So,i'll try my level best to prepare this by today evening.I think instead of mango pine apple can also suits.I'll try with both mango and pine apple too....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is such a great idea. I would never thought of that combination. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts