Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bacon and Roasted Pepper Quesadillas

I made this before I started Weight Watchers so I used the full fat cheddar, but you could use light cheese if you want, in order to save a point. Or maybe use turkey bacon?

I like to roast peppers all the time, so one day I was looking in the fridge and noticed that I had some roasted peppers and also some leftover bacon. What? Leftover bacon?! I wanted to eat it at breakfast, but I didn't want my family to think I was a pig for eating so much bacon by myself, so I did the right thing and saved it.

Taking a picture was a last minute idea. You can see I used yellow and orange peppers in here. Yes, that's a Bob the Builder plate. They're always on top of the real plates, so I use them all the time because they're easier to grab.


Bacon and Roasted Pepper Quesadillas
1 Serving | PointsPlus per Serving: 9
(or 7 PointsPlus using 1oz light cheddar and 2 slices cooked turkey bacon)

Ingredients
1 small flour tortilla
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 slices cooked crispy bacon (that's what I had left over)
1/2 a roasted pepper

Directions
Place the cheese, bacon and roasted pepper on one side of the tortilla and fold it over.

Heat a small pan over medium heat and cook your quesadilla on one side until the cheese starts to melt and the tortilla starts to turn golden. Carefully flip it over and continue to cook until the other side is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment