Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Slow Cooker Tangy Pulled Pork

I present to you this delicious, slow cooker, tangy pulled pork recipe!

I had some pork tenderloin in the freezer that I needed to use up and the first thing that came to mind was pulled pork.

This is really easy, delicious and I know my family likes pulled pork, so it was pretty much guaranteed to please them.

I added some water in the middle of cooking because the sauce was getting a bit thick. 1/2 a cup was just enough for 4 hours of cooking. If you cook it any longer you may need to add a bit more liquid to keep it moist. But by 4 hours the meat was perfect and the sauce had thickened. 



Slow Cooker Tangy Pulled Pork
Adapted from tasteofhome
Makes 6-8 servings

Ingredients
  • 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 lb each)
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup water
  • red chili flakes or hot sauce (optional)
Directions
  1. Place the pork in the slow cooker.
  2. Mix all the other ingredients together and pour it over the pork. Lift the pork up a bit so the sauce can get under it.
  3. Cook on low for 4 hours. Once cooked, shred the meat with 2 forks and stir it around in the sauce. Serve it on toasted buns if you like.
Looking for more PORK recipes? Click Here!

Comments

Popular Posts