Friday, September 7, 2012

Quick Ranch Dip Mix - Crazy Cooking Challenge

The crazy cooking Challenge is back for a second year! How could I not participate?! Since it was short notice, we were assigned the easy task of making a ranch dressing or dip. I chose something simple from Budget Savvy Diva. I added onion powder, which I believe was also in the original recipe from $5 Dinners.

Make up a batch of this and keep it in a jar. You could mix it with yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk, mayo ... I'm sure all of these would work. I had sour cream on hand, so that's what I used. The points value given is just for the spice mix. The total value will depend on what you decide to mix it with.

Oh, and today is my daughter's 5th birthday! Happy birthday little munchkin! She was just 2lbs 6oz at birth. Small but feisty from the beginning. That's what the nurses called her. Feisty. =)





Quick Ranch Dip Mix
3 servings | PointsPlus per Serving: 0

Ingredients
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon onion flakes
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
Mix everything together and store in a jar. When you're ready to use it, mix 1 heaping tablespoon with 1 cup of sour cream, plain yogurt or a combination of sour cream and mayo. Use some buttermilk to thin it out if you want more of a dressing consistency. Let it sit in the fridge for several hours or overnight before you eat it.

This makes about 3 heaping tablespoons of mix.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Here are the other recipes I've entered in the challenges over the course of the first year. I missed the first Challenge of Mac & Cheese, but someone used my recipe for that challenge which is how I found out about the challenge in the first place!

September 7th, 2011 / Challenge 1 - Mac & Cheese
October 7th, 2011 / Challenge 2 - Chocolate Chip Cookies
November 7th, 2011 / Challenge 3 - Mashed Potatoes
December 7th, 2011 / Challenge 4 - Fudge
January 7th, 2012 / Challenge 5 - Chicken Noodle Soup
February 7th, 2012 / Challenge 6 - Chocolate Cake
March 7th, 2012 / Challenge 7 - Spaghetti
April 7th, 2012 / Challenge 8 - Blueberry Muffins
May 7th, 2012 / Challenge 9 - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
June 7th, 2012 / Challenge 10 - Smoothies & Shakes
July 7th, 2012 / Challenge 11 - Fried Chicken
August 7th, 2012 / Challenge 12 - Cheesecake
Here are the themes for the rest of 2012!

September 7 - Ranch Dressing / Dip
October 7 - Apple Pie
November 7 - Stuffing
December 7 - Perfect Sugar Cookies


Photobucket

Also linking to
 
For fun, here's my little girl when she was 6 days old. That day also happened to be my birthday.

October 14th, just about to go home!

And here she is now.


7 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday to you both, and thanks so much for jumping in and playing along. Your dip looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping in to say hello from the CCC blog hop. Great minds must think alike since I also made Ranch seasoning. Only difference is you took it all the way to dip whereas I kind of cheated because I had no dip or dressing-making materials in my house!

    Love the retro pictures of your daughter. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you mix up all the spices and then add it to yogurt/sour cream when ready to use. Will be mixing some up to have it on hand.

    Your daughter is a cutie! She sure was a tiny baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe looks so creamy! Happy Birthday to your daughter :) I'm #4 in the CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is a doll! And I love the idea of having some dried mix to whip this up whenever needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I love spice blends and am going to have to make this soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving checking out the blog hop posts! Your dip sounds delciious, chips & dip are my weakness! YUM!

    ReplyDelete