Monday, September 10, 2012

Creamy Baked Tubetti for One

I'm by myself today and I've got some minestrone in the slow cooker. I just put it in but now it's lunch time, and I'm hungry! I bought little Tubetti pasta to put into my minestrone so when I looked at it I decided that I needed to have some for lunch too.

The problem with pasta is that I love it. If I make too much I won't be able to control myself. So how do you solve a problem like this? You make just enough for one serving. That's how! And don't add any extra salt. The cheese is salty enough.

This is not really a low points value recipe, but it's not bad compared to what a recipe like this could be worth. And again, the fact that I only made one serving here is very important. At 11 PointsPlus per serving, who can afford to eat more than one serving anyway? And you know all those extra bites that I would have eaten from left overs probably wouldn't make it into my food tracker.





Creamy Baked Tubetti for One
1 Serving | PointsPlus per Serving: 12

Ingredients
1/3 cup tubetti, dried (or other small pasta)
3/4 cup 2% milk
1/8 cup grated Parmesan (the real one please)
1/8 cup grated Romano (also use the real stuff, it just tastes better)
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon butter

Directions
Preheat the oven to broil.

Place everything in a nonstick pot and simmer on medium heat until the pasta is cooked and the sauce is thick. The pasta should still be a bit firm. Make sure you stir regularly or this WILL stick to the pot. Even if you're stirring, it may still stick. Oh well, it's worth it.

Place the cooked pasta into a little oven proof bowl. I like the ones with the handles. The one pictured I actually found at a thrift store. I picked up 4 but one broke, because one day, I didn't have anything else to pound meat with. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Duh!

Anyway, take a slice or two of mozzarella and place it on top of the pasta. Not too much, we don't want to add too many extra calories here. Broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden.

And remember not to just go into the oven and grab the handle of the bowl. You will hurt yourself. I've done it before. Duh again! It's also a good idea to wait a few minutes before eating it. You don't want to burn your tongue either.

No comments:

Post a Comment