Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Creamy Baked Tubetti for One

The problem with pasta is that I love it SO much. If I make too much I won't be able to control myself. So how do you solve a problem like this? You make just enough for one serving - that's how!




Creamy Baked Tubetti for One
Makes 1 Serving

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup tubetti, dried (or other small pasta)
  • 3/4 cup 2% milk
  • 1/8 cup grated Parmesan (fresh - not from a can)
  • 1/8 cup grated Romano (fresh  - not from a can)
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon butter
Directions
Preheat the oven to broil.
  1. Place everything in a nonstick pot and simmer on medium heat until the pasta is cooked and the sauce is thick. The pasta should still be a bit firm. Make sure you stir regularly or this WILL stick to the pot. Even if you're stirring, it may still stick. Oh well, it's worth it.
  2. Place the cooked pasta into a little oven proof bowl. I like the ones with the handles. The one pictured I actually found at a thrift store. I bought 4 but one broke because there was that one day when I needed something to pound meat with ... it seemed like a good idea at the time.
  3. Anyway, take a slice or two of mozzarella and place it on top of the pasta.
  4. Broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
  5. And remember not to grab the handle of the bowl with your bare hands. You will burn yourself. I will admit that I've done it before.
  6. It's also a good idea to wait a few minutes before eating it so you don't burn your tongue.

Comments

Popular Posts