Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pineapple Salsa

Two days ago I made Oven Fried Paprika Chicken Strips. Yesterday, we had leftovers but I wanted to do something different. I took 2 pieces of the chicken and put them on a tortilla. It needed something else and wanted it to be fresh. I had some pinapple left in the fridge too, so I decided to make a quick little salsa to go on my tortilla. The whole recipe is only 1 PointsPlus. I ate it all but you could really get 2 servings out of this. 1 whole wheat tortilla, 2 chicken strips and all of this salsa was a total of 6 PointsPlus.





1 serving
(Per serving : 1 PointsPlus)

Ingredients
1/4 cup pineapple, diced  
1 tablespoon sweet red pepper, minced  
1 tablespoon sweet onion, minced  
1 tablespoon parsley or cilantro, chopped  
1/4 cup fresh tomato, diced  
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice  
1/2 teaspoon dried mint  
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper  

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment