Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes - From Pinterest

If you're still not on Pinterest, you really should sign up! There are such awesome things on there! Yesterday I did a very cool project with my kids (which I'll create a separate post for) and today I made the easiest fat free cupcakes in the world! Just 2 ingredients!

The recipe makes a lot though, so I was thinking that next time I'll divide the cake mix and the can of pineapple in 4 parts that way I can make 4 separate batches whenever I want. I've never tried to freeze canned pineapple but it's worth a shot. I'm not sure if you can freeze angel food cake, but if your freezer is big enough, you could make the whole batch and try freezing them. Mine isn't, so that won't work for me.

The funny thing is that when I went to pick up the ingredients, I had to get the store brand of both. Neither item was available in a brand name. No Dole, no Betty Crocker. BUT it still works and I think I may have saved about $1. Sometimes the store brand is just as good! Unless you're talking about ketchup. I can tell the difference with ketchup.


Look at all the bubbles! The reaction between the cake mix and the acid in the pineapple surprised me.




32 cupcakes
(Per serving : 2 PointsPlus / 63.4 Calories)

Ingredients
1 540ml(9oz) can of crushed pineapple (don't drain it)
1 box angel food cake mix

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350F and line your muffin tin with paper liners. You'll probably have to do 2 batches unless you  have a super size oven and a lot of muffin tins.

Mix both ingredients together with a fork. Use a giant bowl because this mixture will bubble up!

Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden on top. Rotate them half way through if you find the ones in the back are getting darker faster. Repeat with the remaining batter. Cool completely before serving.

Next time I'm going to add some coconut to the tops before baking.

I found this on Pinterest.

Tools I used to calculate nutritional information/points:
The recipe calculator tool from Spark People and the
Weight Watchers points calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment