Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Marinated Feta 2

Normally I don’t buy light cheese, but I’m trying to change my ways a little bit. You can use any kind of feta you want. The real Greek feta is made with sheep’s milk. I don’t like the flavour of sheep or goat milk (or cheese) so I always choose one that’s made from cows milk. But apparently a cow’s milk feta really shouldn’t be called feta. Anyway, it’s all Greek to me. And I’m not a chef, so I don’t have to pretend to like everything I put in my mouth.

I was Googling marinated feta recipes yesterday and they’re all pretty much the same. You take cubes of feta, herbs and spices and drown it all with a nice olive oil. Some added lemon peel which is a great idea. I just used lemon juice. Maybe I should be calling this a feta salad instead? Some of them used fresh herbs which are nice, except the only one I have at the moment is Italian parsley. So I chose to go with dry. Nothing beats the dried Greek oregano! And I still don’t have any Kalamata olives so I used the green ones again.



Marinated Feta 2
1 Serving | PointsPlus per Serving: 4

Ingredients
1/3 cup cubed light feta (60 grams)
5 olives, sliced
1/8 cup thinly sliced cubanelle pepper, (or other small sweet pepper)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon Greek oregano
¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
Salt
Pepper
Pinch of hot pepper flakes

Directions
Combine all the ingredients and let them sit in the fridge overnight or longer. Serve with bread. I used rye today. Pita is a good choice too.


Here are some of the delicious looking recipes I found in my searches.

I just started a cheese board on pinterest. It’ll take me some time to find all my cheesey pins and move them over to that board, but any new marinated feta recipes I find will be pinned to that board. You can follow my cheese board if you wish.




No comments:

Post a Comment