Sunday, July 8, 2012

Marble Cake

This marble cake is super easy to make and uses very simple ingredients that I think most of us already have in the kitchen. I've made it in a bundt pan and a loaf pan and both work. I guess it just depends what shape you like better.

This is another recipe that I originally posted in my Facebook album so it's not exactly Weight Watchers friendly at 6 PointsPlus per slice.

Here's the loaf pan cake.

Here's the one I made in the bundt pan.

The loaf in the back is Banana Bread.


12 servings
(Per serving : 6 PointsPlus / 229 Calories)


Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (also works with margarine)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray and flour your bundt or loaf pan and set aside. I also like to use parchment when I make anything in the loaf pan.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter or margarine, eggs, vanilla, and milk in a large bowl.

Beat on low to combine all the ingredients, then increase the speed to medium for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer 3/4 cup of the batter to a smaller bowl and stir in the cocoa until well combined.

Pour the white batter into your prepared pan, then drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter on top. Use a skewer to swirl the two batters together into a marble pattern.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com.

Tools I used to calculate nutritional information/points:
The recipe calculator tool from Spark People and the
Weight Watchers points calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment