Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Marble Cake

This marble cake is super easy to make and uses very simple ingredients that I think most of us already have in the kitchen. I've made it in a bundt pan and a loaf pan and both work. I guess it just depends what shape you like better.

Here's the loaf pan cake.

Here's the one I made in the bundt pan.

The loaf in the back is Banana Bread.

Marble Cake
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Makes 12 servings

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray and flour your bundt or loaf pan and set aside. I also like to use parchment when I make anything in the loaf pan.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter or margarine, eggs, vanilla, and milk in a large bowl.
  3. Beat on low to combine all the ingredients, then increase the speed to medium for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer 3/4 cup of the batter to a smaller bowl and stir in the cocoa until well combined.
  4. Pour the white batter into your prepared pan, then drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter on top. Use a skewer to swirl the two batters together into a marble pattern.
  5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

Comments

Popular Posts