Saturday, July 21, 2012

Egg Wraps for Breakfast

Since I started Weight Watchers, I've been eating a lot of egg wraps for breakfast. I cook the egg up the night before or in the morning, and I re-heat them at work. I wrap them up in a 9" whole wheat tortilla and put a little hot sauce or ketchup on it.

Since today is Saturday and I'm not in a rush to go anywhere, I decided to fancy my wrap up a bit. I added mushrooms, tomatoes and scallions. I'd have added my hot sauce but the kind I like is the little packets from Taco Bell, and my stash is in my drawer at work. You can also buy taco sauce at the store, but I wasn't thinking about it yesterday when I was shipping. Maybe next week.

Again, the calculation on this depends on how you enter it in the tracker. If you enter it as a recipe, it's 5 PointsPlus with liquid eggs, or 7 PointsPlus with 2 large eggs. But veggies really don't count so if you enter it as a meal, it would be 4 PointsPlus with liquid eggs, or 6 PointsPlus with 2 large eggs.



This is the before. The simple breakfast I take to work during the week.


Breakfast Egg Wraps
1 serving | Points Plus per serving : 4
                          made with 2 eggs : 6

Ingredients
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/2 cup liquid eggs (I used veggie)
1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
1/4 cup diced fresh tomato
1 scallion, chopped
salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste

Directions
Fry your eggs in a nonstick pan sprayed with a little cooking spray. Medium heat is best. You can scramble them or keep them in the shape of an omelette.

Place the eggs on the wrap. Then, spray the same pan with a little more cooking spray and fry the mushrooms until they're tender. About 5 minutes will do it. Add the mushrooms, tomato and scallion to the wrap. Top with salt, pepper and hot sauce if you like it.

Good luck trying to roll this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment