Monday, July 16, 2012

Dried Apple Slices

I've baked apples in the past and they turned out great. This time I decided to bake them with absolutely nothing on them. No lemon juice, sugar or cinnamon. I also tried baking them on 150F to see what would happen, and they were a bit chewier than usual. But still tasty.

Of course, fruit is worth 0 PointsPlus but if I enter this recipe in the recipe calculator, it comes up to 2 points per apple. I think I'll still count it as 0. What's the difference if I eat a fresh apple or a baked apple?



2 servings
(Per Serving : 2 PointsPlus or 0 PointsPlus)

Ingredients
2 large apples

Directions
Preheat the oven to 150F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.

Use the mandolin to slice the apples evenly. I used the thinnest setting mine had.

Place the slices in single layers on the baking sheets and place in the oven for 1 hour. Flip the apples after an hour and bake for another hour.

Allow to cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment