Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Chicken Marinades

Here are a few marinades that you can whip up quickly, toss in a bag with your chicken, and freeze until you're ready to cook. 

To make these marinades, I lined up a few bowls on the counter and starting putting stuff in them.

I can’t give you measurements because I didn’t measure anything, but I can tell you what’s in each one.

I didn’t add oil to any of them but I suppose you could if you want to.

If any of your marinades seem a bit thick, add a little bit of chicken stock to thin them out.

If you want to make any of these marinades and cook the chicken the same day or the day after, stir in a little bit of plain yogurt. It helps to tenderise the chicken. I don't know if it would freeze well because I haven't tried it.

Just line the bowls up and start putting things in. I ended up making 7 flavours in the end.

Store them in bags with the flavour written on them. The bag at the top was a second bag of teriyaki which we grilled that day.

Chicken Marinades

Teriyaki
Bottled Teriyaki sauce from Teriyaki Experience
I cheated here but I don’t think any teriyaki sauce I make myself could taste as good as theirs. Use whatever brand you like or make your own.

Greek
greek oregano
fresh lemon juice
onion powder
paprika
salt
pepper
crushed fresh garlic
a splash of soy sauce

Honey Mustard
honey
dijon mustard
yellow mustard
salt
pepper
splash of chicken stock

Southwest
fresh lime juice
Tex-Mex seasoning blend

Chili Lime
chili powder
ground cumin
fresh lime juice
crushed fresh garlic
onion powder
salt
pepper

Lemon Saffron
saffron
turmeric
fresh lemon juice
crushed fresh garlic
onion powder
salt
pepper

Tandoori
fresh lemon juice
crushed fresh garlic
grated fresh ginger
onion powder
chili powder
ground cumin
tandoori Masala
salt
pepper

Comments

Popular Posts