Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Robin Hood Chocolate Chip Cookies

I like recipes from Robin Hood. And who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? Here's a good one for you to try!



Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions
Preheat the oven to 350F.


Cream butter, sugars, egg and vanilla together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

Sift flour, baking soda and salt into the butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.


Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks.

Adapted from Robin Hood Flour.

2 comments:

  1. Would you say these are chewy or crispy? I just threw my recipe out, it had honey in it, and the last couple of batches just didn't taste right, On the lookout for a replacement, I like chewy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I would describe these as soft but not in a chewy sort of way, a little bit more on the cakey side. If that makes sense. If you like chewy you’ll probably want to try this one first http://jennys-cookbook.blogspot.ca/2011/07/best-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.html ! Good luck. I’m a fan of chewy too! Although I’ve been sold on crisp as well now that I’ve made Chocolate Chip Rugelach http://jennys-cookbook.blogspot.com/2011/10/chocolate-chip-rugelach-cookies.html . Although it’s a bit more work than your average chocolate chip cookie. Totally worth the effort though!

      Delete