Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pineapple, Banana and Mango Smoothie with Spinach

The theme for the June Crazy Cooking Challenge is fruit smoothies and shakes. This got me thinking that maybe I should incorporate more smoothies into my diet. They're super easy to make and taste delicious. And trust me, adding greens such as spinach and kale are a great idea, you can't taste them at all! Obviously the spinach turned this green, if you left it out you'd have a pretty yellow smoothie.

So, leading up to Challenge day (June 7th) I'll be posting smoothie recipes whenever I can. I have to select one from another blog for the challenge (which I haven't done yet) but otherwise, I've been throwing whatever I want in my magic bullet and hoping for the best.

This was my breakfast this morning. You can use fresh or frozen fruits when you're making smoothies. It all depends if you want a slushier texture or not.




Makes 1 smoothie

Ingredients
1/2 a banana
1/2 a ripe mango
1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 handful of spinach
2/3 cup almond milk (I used coconut flavoured)

Directions
Put all the ingredients in the blender (or Magic Bullet) and let it go until it's smooth.

Transfer to a glass and serve it cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment