Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Emelia's Fiesta Spritz Cookies

This was supposed to be a cut out cookie recipe but my dough wasn't firm enough to roll. Instead of adding more flour, I put the dough in my spritz gun and went to work. They turned out pretty cute.

I put them all on skewers and put them in a flower pot with a piece of foam. I used store bought icing because it promised to set so the cookies could be stacked. There's no guarantee when I make my own. But you can make your own with confectioners sugar, a little milk and food colouring.

 Ingredients
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Sift in the flour, baking powder, spices and salt until a ball of dough forms. Cover, and chill for at least one hour (or overnight).

Preheat the oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment.

Load your spritz gun with some dough and place cookies 1 inch apart on the cookie sheets. If your dough is too thick to press, roll the dough to about 1/4" thick and use cookie cutters.
Bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

Once cool, use icing and sprinkles to decorate.

Adapted from All Recipes.

1 comment:

  1. These are beauties. I wish, I had the patience to decorate, like you have. So colorful. Would you link these to Bake with Bizzy?
    http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2012/05/bake-with-bizzy-baked-ricotta-with.html

    ReplyDelete