Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Apple, Mango, Kiwi Smoothie with Spinach

You can make smoothies out of whatever you find your fruit bowl. This time I grabbed a kiwi and a mango. My 2 year old wanted an apple so I gave her half and put the other half in the smoothie. I added a handful of spinach as well. My 4 1/2 year old loved this one. It wasn't sweet and it wasn't sour, it was just right. It helps if your mango is sweet of course, and your apple should be a sweeter variety as well. If you want a sour smoothie, use a granny smith.



1 smoothie

Ingredients
1/2 a medium apple (I left the skin on but removed the seeds)
1 kiwi, peeled
1/2 a medium mango, peeled
1 handful of spinach
1/2 cup almond milk (I'm still using that carton of coconut flavour)

Directions
Place all the ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth. This was a thick smoothie, you could add a little more milk if you want it runier.

No comments:

Post a Comment