Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Fried Halloumi (Halloom) Cheese

I've been eating this salty, chewy cheese for years. I love cheese. All kinds of cheese!! The brand I buy is called Halloom (Cedar Phoenicia brand) but if you do a google search, the results will come up as Halloumi.

I decided I needed to try frying it as I've seen them do on TV. I went with butter but you can use oil.



Fried Halloumi (Halloom) Cheese

Ingredients
  • Halloumi Cheese, Sliced
  • butter or oil
Directions
  1. Melt a teaspoon of butter or oil in a hot nonstick pan, over medium high heat.
  2. Add the cheese. Cook it for just a minute or two or until the bottom is golden. Flip and repeat. It really only takes minutes.
  3. The amazing thing about this cheese is that it doesn't melt like other cheeses. The inside is still chewy even after you fry it. If you're using butter, go with the unsalted kind, the cheese is very salty.

Comments

  1. Hi Jenny,

    zuuzs is hosting a Spring Recipe Challenge and I'd like to invite you to join! It's a great opportunity for you to promote your blog and showcase your recipe in front of thousands of people. Plus, there's prizes including a $500 Gift Card for the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares.

    Please visit this post full contest details and how you can participate:
    http://www.simplystacie.net/2012/03/calling-all-cooks-join-the-zuuzs-grand-spring-recipe-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post look for to visit more thank you for sharing....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to go home and make this now, there's nothing like a little grilled halloumi, I used to live in Cyprus, and order this at a little seafood restaurant right on the water.
    I've actually stopped using any grease, I now just put a little flour on them and cook them on a really hot pan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts