Friday, March 9, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Casserole

This recipe uses hash browns (or in my case, grated potatoes) and tasted a lot like a tuna casserole to me! And you can't go wrong with cheese! I squeezed some of the water out of the potatoes, but it's okay to leave some. The original recipe called for frozen hash browns. I don't normally buy those. I used the small side of the grater for the onions, and just drained some of the liquid in a sieve. You can't squeeze them, they were almost a puree. I suppose you could just use a blender but I wasn't thinking.



Check out my paprika from Macedonia!


6 servings

Ingredients
1 cup sour cream
1 cup half & half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
3 medium potatoes, grated (about 3 cups)
1 medium onion, grated
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
2 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar (I used marble)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a baking dish. I used a disposable because I didn't feel like doing dishes. A glass dish would be better.

In a large bowl, combine everything except 1/2 cup of the cheddar.

Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese. Cover it with foil. If your foil will be touching your casserole, spray it with cooking spray first so it doesn't stick. Bake it for about 1 hour then uncover the dish.

Bake for another 15 minutes or so until the cheese starts to turn golden and potatoes are cooked through. You can taste it to check on the potatoes if you need to.

Adapted from Tasty Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment