Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Baked Spaghetti

Let's make baked spaghetti!





Baked Spaghetti 
Adapted from Cully's Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 box spaghetti
  • 1 lb lean ground beef or chicken
  • 8oz fresh button mushrooms, sliced
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1 tablespoon oregano
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
  • 1 700ml jar spaghetti sauce
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 cups grated cheese (I used Italiano blend)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
  2. Boil the spaghetti according to package instructions. Make sure it's not overcooked since it's still going in the oven after it boils and will cook a bit more.
  3. What the pasta's cooking, in a pan over medium high heat, fry the beef with mushrooms, onions and garlic for about 10 minutes or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stir in cinnamon, turmeric, oregano and Italian seasoning. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and taste it. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Drain the spaghetti and toss it in the sauce. Use tongs and make sure it's well mixed.
  5. Place 1/3 of the spaghetti into a glass baking dish followed by 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat 2 more times. There should be a layer of cheese on top.
  6. Bake your spaghetti for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Comments

  1. Looks and sounds really, really yummy. I hope you'll stop by an visit my CCC - Spaghetti Pie

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I need to try baking spaghetti...
    #29

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of baked spaghetti.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love baked spaghetti, hello cheese! :) Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never baked spaghetti I think I should try this. Sounds pretty easy and yummy with all that cheese..andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum! And a touch of cinnamon? I'll bet it makes the flavors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking for a recipe to try tonight and this is super easy....
    thanks for sharing
    ccc #80 come visit when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love mushrooms in my spaghetti sauce. Will have to try the turmeric and cinnamon together. #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!!!

    I was #7 Have a Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delicious. I like the cinnamon in the sauce, I use it in chili sometimes for more flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to bake my pasta with cheese more often. The addition of cinnamon is interesting, not something I would have thought of. Could you taste it?

    Tina decided that I hadn't fulfilled the requirements of the challenge, so she excluded me from the linky party. Check out my post and see what you think! http://jennyskitchenmishmash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, I'm loving all of the baked dishes this month! I'm going to have to try them out. Stopping by from the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jen,
    We just love Baked Spaghetti and your recipe looks awesome. It is fun cooking with you in the CCC. Hope you are having a great week end!
    Miz Helen
    #27

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, I bet this would be great for my leftover spaghetti too and just pop it in and use in a smaller pan. :) Finally stopping by from the Crazy Challenge -- http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/2012/03/simple-marinara-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts