Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Heart Shaped Valentine Snack

I'm getting into the spirit of Valentine's Day now so I thought I might start sending my 4 year old to school with a valentine themed snack from now until then. I started off making this cute little container of heart shaped cucumbers, melon and strawberries with chocolate chips.

I'm looking to buy small heart shaped cookie cutters but I haven't had the chance to go out looking for them yet, so I just cut the shapes with a knife. How cute! I'm sure she'll be surprised tomorrow afternoon when she sees what she's got for snack. You could go larger scale for lunch and add a heart shaped sandwich (a large cookie cutter would work well for that). Put it all in a bento box or make your own using smaller containers inside a larger one, or I've seen the silicone cupcake liners as well. I used the paper ones for the chocolate chips. I picked them up last week and they have hearts on them.

1 comment: