Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Slow Cooker Butter Chicken

I love butter chicken. Every time I try it at a restaurant it tastes different. I guess each chef has their own recipe. I don't think I've ever had bad butter chicken though.

This time I bought some chicken thighs and I wanted to do something in the slow cooker. I came across a recipe for slow cooker butter chicken and decided I would give it a try. The only problem is I wrote the recipe on paper and didn't save the link so I can't post my source. 

I decided to just drop the cardamom pods in because I have no cheesecloth and there's no way I'm gonna stand around threading cardamom. I'll take the time later to fish out the pods.

I used 1/2 a can of coconut milk and 1/2 cup of 2% because I only had half a can left. If you want, just use a whole can of coconut milk and skip the 2%.


Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
  • 12 skinless chicken thighs (I left the bones on)
  • 1 medium red onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 10 green cardamom pods
  • 2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry paste (or to taste)
  • 2 teaspoon tandoori masala
  • 1 teaspoon garam masala
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 1 cup low fat sour cream
  • 1/3 cup tomato paste
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Directions
  1. Mix all the ingredients except the chicken and onions.
  2. Place the chicken and onions in the slow cooker, and pour the sauce over. Stir it to get the chicken all coated. Cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low. If the sauce is a little thin, put it in a pot  on medium heat and let it simmer for a bit until it thickens to your liking.
  3. Serve with rice or naan.

Comments

  1. Curious, what did you use for curry paste? I use lots of Thai curry pastes, but have never used an Indian one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts