Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Juicy Steakhouse Marinated Steak

I found a nice recipe for steak marinade at Easy Steak Marinades. They have quite a few recipes there, it was hard to decide which one to make this time but finally, I selected one that included ingredients I already had at home.

Here's what it looks like after marinating for 24 hours.

And here it is all cooked. Yum yum! Very tender.

Juicy Steakhouse Marinated Steak

Ingredients
  • 3 strip loin steaks (mine were about 7oz each and I cut them in half)
  • 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce (whatever you like)
  • 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions
  1. Place all ingredients in a Ziploc bag and smush them around. The original recipe said to blend it but who feels like doing extra dishes? Add the steak to the bag and try to get all the pieces coated well. Try to remove the air from the bag while closing the zipper.
  2. Refrigerate for about 24 hours.
  3. I blotted mine with paper towel before cooking them.
  4. You can grill the steak, fry it or get out the George Foreman. I used a grill pan. Cook them for a few minutes per side depending on how you like them done.
  5. The recipe said to boil the remaining marinade for 5 minutes and use it to baste the steak during cooking. I didn't. If I wanted to baste it I would have reserved some of the marinade before putting the steak in, but maybe that's just me.

Comments

Popular Posts