Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


I didn’t have evaporated milk so I just used 2% and it worked out perfectly. I also added peas because my kids like them.





Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Adapted from The Yummy Life
Makes 6-8 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 cup diced onions
  • 1 cup diced mushrooms
  • 1 cup diced carrots
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon chicken soup base
  • 6 cups no salt added chicken broth
  • 2 cups cooked shredded (or cubed) chicken
  • 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 2 cup uncooked pasta (I used spaghetti, broken up)
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions
  1. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium high heat.
  2. Cook garlic, onion, mushrooms, carrots, and celery for about 5-7 minutes or until soft.
  3. Sprinkle flour, oregano, pepper, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt  and soup base over the vegetables and cook 1 minute while stirring.
  4. Add broth and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10-15 minutes.
  5. Add chicken, milk, and noodles. Continue cooking for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in the parsley before serving.

Comments

  1. Delicious looking, great entry!

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Crazy Cooking Challenge entry: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish Enjoy all the soups today andi #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I love creamy chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That's so funny that we used the same recipe! Mine turned out so much thicker looking, but I thinked I cooked it a little longer than I should have. It was delicious though! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creamy soups are the best. Like the addition of peas to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your soup looks so good! I like that you used spaghetti in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister in love, loves Mushrooms and I thinks she would really enjoy this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely and creamy. I like the addition of the peas too - they go so well in anything creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these amazing soups are making me hungry, yours included! Love the flavors here... funny that you made the same soup as Patty. I hope you'll stop by to visit my CCC post for Southwestern Chicken Noodle Soup. Take care!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious! The perfect recipe for the Crazy Cooking Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the vegies in this soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks good! I like the creamy addition to this soup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the added Peas!

    I made Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup! #1 in the linky party, come by and visit if you get the chance!

    Thanks again for participating in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your the second person I've seen who used mushrooms, now I REALLY want to try it that way. Looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. " I also added peas because my kids like them"

    Oh how all the other mothers envy you! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how you added peas--my mom always did too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the veggies look great!
    #48

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your soup looks so rich and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That creamy soup just screams comfort food. What a great recipe find!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for linking my food blog. Your soup looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts