Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Chocolate Molten Cakes

When Chef Michael Smith said not to bake these for more than 10 minutes there was a reason and he was right. Mine were over baked. Oh well, they still tasted great! I used semi-sweet chocolate though because that's what I had on hand. I also only made 1/2 the recipe because I didn't want to have to eat more than that.

Even after the extra 3 minutes I gave them, they looked like they'd be okay, but they weren't this runny just a few minutes later when we went to eat them. You wouldn't think 3 minutes would make that much of a difference but it does.

You can see they're almost fully cooked. Darn. Next time, 3 minutes less.

Chocolate Molten Cakes
Adapted from Chef Michael Smith
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/8 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • butter for greasing ramekins
  • white sugar for sprinkling on ramekins
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Rub butter all over the inside of the ramekins then sprinkle them with sugar. Tap out any extra sugar.
  2. Microwave the chocolate and butter for about 45 seconds or until they're melted and you can mix them together.  Stir in the cocoa until smooth. Let it cool slightly.
  3. The recipe said to mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and smooth? Did this mean I was supposed to whip it? I just beat it for a minute with a wooden spoon. It didn't seem that thick but it was smooth so I went with it.
  4. Stir the chocolate into the egg mixture until well combined, then divide the mixture between the 4 prepared ramekins.
  5. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. That should be enough time for 4 of them. They will look like they need more time (I thought so too) so I left them another 3 minutes. 3 minutes too long. They still looked a bit runny in the middle when I took them out, but when we went to eat them a few minutes later they were hardly runny at all. Just take them out at 8 minutes okay?
  6. Serve them warm. You can put ice cream or whipped cream on top if you wish, but the cake itself had too many calories as it is. I don't even know what the calculation would be and I don't want to!


Comments

Popular Posts