Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

I don't remember what I was searching for when I stumbled upon a recipe for pizza made with a cauliflower crust, but I'm glad I found it! I really enjoyed it and my 4 year old didn't seem to notice that it wasn't made of real pizza dough. She wasn't crazy about the bruschetta topping I put on, but she did eat the olives and the crust. I put the olives on just for her.

The instructions for this recipe stated that you should grate the cauliflower raw, but I already had some steamed stuff leftover. I used a fork to mash it up when it was still cold. The crust wasn't crispy (and I'm not sure if it was supposed to be) but it was like holding a real piece of pizza.

Getting ready to go into the oven.

Mix up all this good stuff.

It doesn't have to be a perfect circle. Make a heart if you want.

The one on the left is Greek oregano.

This is the topping.

The crust is out of the oven. Maybe it could have been a bit more brown.

All done.

Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Adapted from RECIPE girl
Makes 1 pizza

Ingredients
For the Crust
  • 1 1/2 cups leftover cauliflower (mine was steamed)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup grated cheese (I used mozzarella-cheddar blend and grated Parmesan)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Bruschetta Topping
  • 1/4 cup diced tomato
  • 1/8 cup minced red onion
  • 1 small clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheese (I used the same as in the crust)
Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
  2. In a bowl, mash the cauliflower so it looks almost like rice. Stir in the egg, spices and cheese.
  3. Spread the mixture onto the prepared pan evenly in a thin layer. Bake it for 15 minutes or until golden.
  4. While the crust is baking, prepare the bruschetta topping. Mix together tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices, oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
  5. Remove the crust from the oven and spread the topping on. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of cheese on top.
  6. Place the pizza back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Tips:
  • You can really put any toppings on that you like. Just don't cut them too big or too thick because the cooking time is short. You could totally load this up with toppings and cheese if you wanted to, but I was trying to be good.

Comments

  1. This recipe is really interesting! I've seen a zucchini crusted pizza and your cauliflower one is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting recipe indeed! I looks yummy and since it passed the kid test I defiantly will try this recipe soon ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a very intriguing recipe. I never thought that cauliflower can be used as pizza dough. Love the fact that your daughter didn't notice. Looks very yummy and delicious! Brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very nice and cool post.I was waiting for this type article and I have gained some useful information from this site. Thanks for sharing this information.Keep blogging.

    menorca coches de alquiler

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is the first time that I read that cauliflower can be made a s pizza crust that is awesome. I think I should try one of these days. cool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts