Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf

I almost had another disaster in the kitchen tonight. This was supposed to be a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. I spent all that time rolling little meatballs but when I went to put it in the oven somehow the pan tipped sideways onto the door of my oven.

The good news is that the meatballs miraculously got rolled up in the parchment that I was wise enough to line the pan with. So I was able to save it! But I wasn't about to roll it into balls again so I just pressed the mixture into an 8x8 glass dish and now I'm calling it meatloaf. A very delicious meatloaf!

Obviously, you can make meatballs with this instead if you want to. Also, I'm sure you could get away with adding a little more wing sauce. I wasn't sure how spicy it would turn out and I wanted to give some to my kids. Go for 1/3 cup as the original recipe suggests.

You can see how it's coming away from the sides when it's cooked.


Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
  • 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
  • 1/4 cup minced celery
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 1lb ground chicken
Direction
  1. Preheat the oven to 450F and line a 8x8 glass dish with a piece of parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together except chicken. Once mixed, add the chicken and use your hands to combine.
  3. Put the chicken mixture into your dish and bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked through. Meatballs will take less time.
  4. Let it rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into 6 slices and serving.

Comments

Popular Posts