Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Chocolate Rum Truffles

Our family has been adding these truffles to our Christmas cookie platters forever. I have no clue where this recipe originally came from.

The recipe called for 1 raw egg yolk (mix it in with the butter and sugar if you want to use it) but I'm not comfortable with that so I leave it out. I'm not really sure what the purpose is anyway. If you can tell me, I'd love to know!




Chocolate Rum Truffles
Makes about 41 truffles

Ingredients
  • 6oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
  • 2/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon rum (or more)
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee
  • chocolate sprinkles
Directions
  1. In the microwave, melt the chocolate for about 1 minute. Stir it. If it's not done, heat it for another 15 seconds at a time until you can mix it and it's smooth. Set aside to cool.
  2. Cream butter (I use a wooden spoon) then stir in the sugar. Stir in the cooled chocolate. Dissolve the coffee in the rum (mix it to make sure there are no more granules left, they can be bitter if you bite in to one) and add that to the mix. Taste it and add more rum if you want a stronger flavour. You may also need to add a little extra powdered sugar.
  3. Chill the mixture for several hours until it's firm enough to scoop and roll into balls.
  4. I use a small cookie scoop and got 41 balls. Roll the balls between your hands then roll in the sprinkles. Place them in mini paper cups. Place them in the fridge to firm up again. I store them in the fridge as well.
Tips:
You can use coloured sprinkles but because you're rolling the chocolate in your hands they might get muddy looking, especially if you use white.

Comments

  1. These sound super easy to make and even more delicious!!! I heart anything made with coffee:-) I shared these on my Sweet Swap roundup!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious! I made them with vanilla when I couldn't find my rum. I bet Irish cream would be nice too.

      Delete
  2. salted or unsalted butter. using x-sugar vs. heavy cream sounds like these would be overly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. salted or unsalted butter? using the x-sugar vs. heavy cream seems like these truffles would be overly sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salted or unsalted butter will work. I have not tried this recipe using cream though. They are sweet, but I make them small. You don't want to eat too many of these at once! I sent an email to the address you added to your last comment with this info in case you don't see this reply.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts