Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Brownie Roll-out Cookies

I didn't know until I started making these, that I didn't have enough cocoa. I had just over half the amount needed so I added a few tablespoons extra flour. They still turned out great!

I decorated with melted chocolate to make them look festive. I also rolled them a little thinner than normal because I wanted to get more cookies out of the dough to bring to work and daycare. Unfortunately, I didn't count them.



Brownie Roll-out Cookies
Adapted from smitten kitchen

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • melted chocolate or icing
Directions
  1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Set aside. Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk or mixer just for a minute or two. It doesn't need to be super fluffy or anything.
  2. Add flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until it forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
  3. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
  4. Roll out cookie dough on floured counter. 1/4 inch is a good thickness but mine were about 1/8th. I would have liked them thicker. Next time!
  5. Place them on the cookie sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes or until they just start to turn golden around the edges.
  6. Cool on wire racks. I melted chocolate coating chips and tinted it green, then sprinkled with green sugar. You can decorate them however you like, or don't decorate them at all!

Comments

Popular Posts