Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Guest Post on MOMS CRAZY COOKING! Pumpkin Spice Cake!

I'm a little late in posting today, but please check out my Thanksgiving Guest Blog post on MOMS CRAZY COOKING


I made this cake to bring to a potluck we had at work. I thought it was yummy! The spices weren’t overwhelming and the pumpkin was just the right amount for my liking. It was moist and people seemed to enjoy it! We cut it up into smaller pieces at work (about 24), but if I were serving this at home I would probably get 12 servings out of it.

Pumpkin Spice Cake
Recipe adapted from My Finds Online
Makes 12 Servings

Ingredients
  • 1 package spice cake mix
  • 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • ½ cup avocado (or unflavoured) oil
  • ½ cup water
  • ½ cup icing sugar
  • milk
  • candies for decoration
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a bunt cake pan with cooking spray. Instead of using flour, coat the pan with some of the spice cake mix. Tap the excess into the bowl that you’re going to mix the batter in. Why waste it?
  2. In the bowl, whisk together cake mix and pudding mix.
  3. Make a well in the middle and add eggs, pumpkin, oil and water. Whisk all ingredients together just for a minute until combined. There may be a few lumps but that’s okay.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
  5. Once the cake is cool you have several options. You can add a cream cheese frosting, powdered sugar or a glaze like I used. To make the glaze, mix powdered sugar with about 2 tablespoons of milk. You may need more or less milk depending on how thin you want your icing. If it’s too thin it will just run off the cake so try to make it slightly runnier than toothpaste consistency. Drizzle over the cake.
  6. You can add some sprinkles or nuts while the icing is still wet if you wish. Or how about toasted pumpkin seeds? I added some candy corn and pumpkins to the centre to make it look festive. Or how about adding a bit of orange food colouring to the icing? Then it’ll look like a pumpkin!
Tips:
  • I bought a large can of pumpkin. It was about 3 cups. I divided the other 2 cups into freezer bags and froze them for later use.

Comments

Popular Posts