Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Gingerbread Cookies

I love gingerbread cookies! My kids like them too. And what's a Christmas cookie platter without gingerbread people?

You can substitute corn syrup for the molasses. It won't taste like gingerbread anymore, but it still makes a nice cookie! It's hard to say how many cookies you can get out of this. It'll depend on the size of your cookie cutters.



Gingerbread Cookies
Makes about 24 cookies

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
  1. Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in molasses and egg yolk until well combined.
  2. Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
  3. Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge or 15 in the freezer.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
  5. Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thick. Use a cookie cutter to make your shapes then re-roll the scraps and keep cutting. Repeat the re-rolling and cutting of the scraps.
  6. Bake for just about 7 minutes or just until the edges start to brown. This will depend on the size of your cutter and thickness of your dough. Watch the cookies carefully or they will burn.  Let them cool for 2 minutes before transferring them to wire racks. Cool completely before decorating.
  7. You can make frosting using 1/4 cup icing sugar and 1/4 teaspoon milk. Add food colouring if you like. It should be a thick enough to pipe but not as thick as toothpaste. I just filled a plastic sandwich bag and cut off the tip. Let them dry completely before stacking. Even better if you put a piece of parchment between each layer of cookies.
  8. Use little candies to decorate.
Tips:
  • If you like, add 1/4 teaspoon cloves (I didn't use cloves - I'm not a big fan.)

Comments

  1. I love a good gingerbread cookie, but have yet been brave enough to make them myself. Yours look really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I'll be featuring them tomorrow in my November wrap up of the Holiday Sweet Swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these of the soft or crunchy variety?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made them since last year but if I remember correctly they are soft. I'll be sure to mention this bit of information in cookie recipes from now on. I think people have their preferences so it would be nice to know ahead of time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts