Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Garlic & Chive Mashed Potatoes

I just happened to be roasting a whole chicken the day I made these mashed potatoes, so I decided to throw a bunch of garlic cloves in the pan to roast with it. You can use raw minced garlic if you prefer.

I also used the pan drippings in the potatoes to add more flavour. Even my littlest one liked these and she doesn't usually eat anything mashed, so that says something! Mmmm!

Mash it up!

Don't they look creamy and delicious?!


Garlic & Chive Mashed Potatoes
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
  • 3lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used white)
  • 5 cloves roasted garlic (or 3 cloves raw, minced)
  • 1 cup low fat sour cream
  • 3/4 cup chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons chopped chives
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water for about 15 minutes or until tender. If using raw garlic, add it to the boiling water as well. Drain.
  2. Give the potatoes  mash with a potato masher then add all other ingredients. Keep mashing until the potatoes are as smooth as you like them.
  3. That's it. Mashed potatoes are easy, there's no reason not to make them more often!

Comments

  1. Garlic and chives in one of my favorite combinations. These look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the addition of sour cream AND roasted garlic. Your potatoes look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish and I love the roasted garlic on top.

    If you haven't already I'd love for you to check out my Crazy Cooking Challenge entry Aloo Tikki

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and delicious looking! Great Choice for THE CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used chicken broth in mashed potatoes before. I will have to try it. Thanks!
    What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe is right up my alley! Love garlic and chives! Great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the Sour Cream and Chive combination for your Potatoes. Great recipe for the Crazy Cooking Challenge, it looks delicious! Hope you are having a great day.
    Miz Helen
    #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum! I would eat those roasted garlic cloves whole. Delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the yummy flavors I like to use when I make mashed potatoes. Delish!!

    http://butteryum.blogspot.com/2011/11/mozzarella-and-mashed-potato-balls.html

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  10. the addition of chives is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roasted garlic makes everything better, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roasted garlic are so lovely, I can see how these potatoes would be sublime...and the sour cream does not hurt either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your presentation with the chives and roasted garlic! MMM them potatoes sure look good :) I'm #71 on the blog hop!!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/11/crazy-cooking-challenge-and-loaded.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so heart roasted garlic. I bet these potatoes are AAAMazing! I would over eat for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look really delicious!! Love how you placed the chives over the top for your photo. And how can you go wrong with roasted garlic?? Yum.
    Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground (#42 in the Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delicious! I need to try your recipe. Thanks for stopping by (#68). I'm still trying to get to all the blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting from the Challenge #63. I love the presentation and the recipe looks really good. I love the garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Big fan of roasted garlic. Could eat these every day. You did a wonderful job with yours. I decided to follow you while I was here. Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Kim Bee
    #65

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never used chicken broth in mashed potatoes before, it would certainly lighten them up some. They look great. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    April #36

    ReplyDelete
  20. They look delicious. I love sour cream and chives in mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love chives and garlic together. A winning combo! Thank you for you comment(s) :) They both showed up just fine :) BTW- I love your festive look of your blog, so cute and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yum!! I am searching for a great tasting mashed potato recipe. I like the idea of chicken broth. Giving it a try!

    Thanks for stopping by my Mashed Potato Cakes post, #59!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You plated it up SO beautifully, of course your little one would like it. I *like* it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts