Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fried Shrimp Recipe

I always keep frozen shrimp in the freezer for those nights when I forget to pull something out. They thaw quickly and take even less time to cook. I bought some whole red chillies without any specific recipe in mind and I didn't really know how much heat they'd add to the dish. 2 should be enough, I found it pretty mild but I guess everyone has their own idea of what spicy is. Also, you can use chili flakes or cayenne pepper if you really want to spice it up.





2-4 servings


Ingredients
about 30 medium uncooked shrimp
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
salt
2-3 dried red chillies
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon olive oil


Directions
Toss shrimp with paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, black pepper and salt.


Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add dried chillies and cook for a minute. Add shrimp to the pan and stir. Continue cooking just for a few minutes per side until they turn pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment