Sunday, July 31, 2011

Penne with Crispy Salami and Feta Cheese

Last week I went to the deli and ordered "half" a pound of dry salami. The girl must have been in her own world and thought I said "have" a pound. So, I ended up with a pound of salami. What was I gonna do with all that? I mean, I love salami but that's a bit much. So here's what I came up with. You could use bacon or some other type of meat that you know will crisp up nicely. The feta adds a nice tang to the dish. I like Canadian feta but you can use Greek or any other kind you like. Some are saltier than others so I wouldn't add salt to this recipe.


6 servings

Ingredients
1 375g box of whole wheat pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3lb dry salami
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons olive oil
4oz feta cheese, crumbled

Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions.

In a nonstick pan, fry garlic and salami in oil over medium heat until salami is crispy. Sprinkle in pepper and oregano and give it a stir. Add drained pasta and olive oil then stir in feta. Serve hot. It's also good cold as a salad but then the salami won't be as crisp.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you do, so many photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

    I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
    http://erecipecards.com/

    It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

    in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

    Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


    Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

    Dave
    http://erecipecards.com/
    Contact@eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete