Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chicken and Apple Salad Sandwich Recipe

I had some left over chicken breast and I wanted to make a sandwich. I decided on this chicken apple salad sandwich. If you don't like the taste of raw regular onions, you could use a sweeter onion or the green part of scallions. I used a Mcintosh apple but a Granny Smith would also be good since it's sour.



1 sandwich

Ingredients
3oz cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1 tablespoon diced celery
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/4 of an apple, diced
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
juice of 1 lemon wedge
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
salt
pepper
1 croissant, bun or some toast
lettuce or fresh herbs

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Serve on toast or a bun with lettuce.

Print
 Tip: You can use chicken breast or legs. It's up to you. I used breast this time.

1 comment: