Thursday, May 5, 2011

Slow Cooker (crockpot) Pulled Pork Recipe

This recipe for slow cooker pulled pork is super easy and delicious! Find a barbecue sauce that you love and use it in this recipe. I love the rib sauce from Swiss Chalet so whenever we eat there I usually ask for a large rib sauce to go. Just keep it in the fridge. It's great on pork or chicken. Next time you eat out at a chicken and rib place, ask for some sauce to go.




4-6 servings

Ingredients
2lb pork roast of your choice
Rootbeer to cover roast
Your favourite barbecue sauce
Soft buns (but I eat mine without the bun)

Directions
In your crockpot, add the pork and cover it with rootbeer. I ran out so I topped it up with Coke. I suppose either would do. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.

Remove pork to a platter and shred it with 2 forks. Remove any fat that you see. Return the pork to the pot or juices and cook for another hour.

Remove with a slotted spoon and toss with as much or as little of your favourite bbq sauce as you like.

Toast your buns in the oven with a little butter if desired and serve it with the pork as a sandwich or on the side. Yum!


Print

No comments:

Post a Comment