Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Hamburger Patties

I was making lasagne for dinner tonight and decided the kids probably wouldn't be interested, so I saved a bit of the ground beef. I was going to make up a few meatballs but I didn't feel like rolling so many balls, so I made a big hamburger patty instead. You could divide the mixture in half to get 2 burgers and serve them on buns, or multiply the recipe for more burgers. I didn't use any egg or breadcrumbs in this recipe but it holds together just fine.

We started eating it before I decided I wanted to keep a record of this recipe. I didn't know it would taste so good.

Hamburger Patties
Makes 1 large or 2 regular burgers

Ingredients
  • 1/3 lb lean ground beef
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
  • 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Directions
  1. Mix all of the ingredients by hand and form a large ball. Flatten it with your hand to about 1/2" thick.
  2. Fry in a little olive oil over medium high heat for about 4 minutes or until golden, then flip and fry the other side for another 4 minutes or until cooked through.

Comments

Popular Posts