Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Extra Creamy Macaroni and Cheese

One of our favourite things to eat is homemade macaroni and cheese!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE mac and cheese. I could eat it every day. You can probably tell how much I love it from all the pictures I've taken of this yummy goodness.

As I'm typing out this post I'm starting to drool. Unfortunately it's 12:00am and I don't have enough cheese left to make any.



If you're in a rush, you can just eat it straight from the pot. No baking required. But the crispy broiled top is really good, so think about it.

Still tastes delicious even without the breadcrumbs.


Extra Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Makes 6-8 servings

Ingredients
  • 5 cups dry pasta of choice
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 3 cups milk
  • 3 cups (250g) grated sharp cheddar
  • 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1 cup grated sharp cheddar for topping
  • 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. Boil pasta according to package directions. I always use whole wheat or smart pastas but white pasta may expand more so you could use 4 cups dry or increase the amount of sauce you make.
  2. Preheat oven to broil.
  3. In a nonstick pot over medium high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and spices and cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to turn golden. Add milk and bring to simmer. I like to whisk constantly. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese and 3 cups cheddar. It will melt without being on the burner.
  4. Mix cooked pasta with sauce and place into a glass baking dish. Top with 1 cup cheese, breadcrumbs and parmesan. Broil until brown and bubbly.
Tips:
  • I have also added shredded Swiss cheese to this recipe and it's delicious! I love cheese. I think I said that already.

Comments

  1. Awww yum! If only I could eat a plate of this right now. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me & a bunch of other bloggers are on the quest for the ultimate mac 'n cheese. This past month, we have all searched bloggy land looking for recipes to try. Today, we posted the recipes we found & everyone is invited to come vote on their favorite. The one with the most votes gets the title of the best. Well, I found your site & this recipe, and this is the one that I made for the Crazy Cooking Challenge. I would like to invite you over to my site (MrsHappyHomemaker.com) to view it & to vote for the winning recipe! (I have linked back to your site in my post as well)

    http://www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/2011/09/extra-creamy-mac-cheese-quest-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! It looks really similar to my mac and cheese recipe, just a couple little differences. I don't put nutmeg or paprika in mine and yours has a runnier sauce (in a good way!). My husband's all time favorite is my recipe but I love trying others and I think I will need to try yours :) Any idea how many ounces of pasta you use? 5 cups of dry macaroni would weigh a lot more than 5 cups of penne. Here's my recipe in case you wanted to take a peek, no picture for some reason but I'll add it next time I make it!

    http://cheesewithnoodles.blogspot.com/2012/02/creamy-baked-macaroni-and-cheese.html

    I'll let you know when I try your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...my arteries hurt from just looking at it, but it looks good nonetheless. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts