Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

I took the recipe from the Kraft Light Smooth peanut butter jar (1 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg) and changed it slightly.

After I put their ingredients together there was no way I was going to be able to roll balls. It was too wet.



Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 28 cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup light smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup flour, sifted
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (sifted with flour)
  • Extra sugar for pressing
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Mix all ingredients together until they form a dough. Roll approximately 28 balls and place them at least 1" apart on 2 un-greased cookie sheets. Use a fork dipped in granulated sugar to press the cookies down slightly. Then press again in the opposite direction to create a pattern.
  3. Bake on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden on the bottom. Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes then transfer to wire racks and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for several days (if they last more than 5 hours that is).
Tip: Normally I wouldn't dream of baking anything on a cookie sheet without parchment paper, but the peanut butter is oily enough that you really don't need to prepare the pans in any way. To make the indentations, I used a cocktail fork that only had 2 prongs on it, but you could use a regular fork.

Comments

  1. GREAT Cookie Jen!! I finally made them. I used Jiffy creamy and Jiffy extra chunky. 1/2 c. each. They turned out great. I think I will omit the outer sugar and maybe even the sugar in the mix to see how they do....not overly sweet, but have a diabetic in the house with a sweet tooth. FAST to prepare and nice small batch so 1/2 the day isn't spent on baking. Love that it is kid friendly too. They had a lot of fun helping. And you are right - I don't see them making it 5 hrs to store. Thanks hun!! Gwen B. & kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked them Gwen. You could probably use this recipe to make the peanut butter kiss cookies. You know the one with the Hershey's Kiss in the middle? Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts